Advocacy Journalism Internship
As an intern, your work will revolve around the presentation of high-quality media coverage on a variety of anti-Semitism related topics on a daily basis.
The advocacy journalism internship will focus on FightHatred.com internet and media operations. This will include researching news topics, conducting interviews, working with counter-hate organizations and experts, and ultimately producing media materials for the website and for other dissemination. Various additional activities are also routine, such as preparing press briefings and information packs, marketing activities, online promotion, etc.
Candidates should have strong writing skills in addition to excellent analytical and research abilities. Background in history, particularly Jewish history, journalism, political science, international relations or similar field is preferred.
FightHatred.com offers full-time and part-time unpaid advocacy journalism internships for talented undergraduate students and recent graduates.
We especially seek creative interns who will bring fresh ideas on how to improve and expand the website and its activities. A key part of the intern’s work experience will be devoted to marketing and promotion.
Additional requirements include:
1. Strong writing skills in English. Other languages a plus.
2. Excellent research and analytic skills. You will have to process large amounts of data fast in order to produce a knowledgeable and professional evaluation and write it up on time.
3. Journalism and editorial experience preferable.
4. Familiarity with Jewish history preferred.
5. A genuine passion toward combating global anti-Semitism.
6. Must be comfortable working independently; be able to work under deadlines.